Saturday 2 June 2012

What Is Watermelon Salad?

Watermelon Salad
Today Ruqayya came up with a salad idea inspired from Jellyfish Restaurant in Brisbane.

Ingredients per serving:

1 Slice - fresh watermelon, diced
1 Handful - chopped olives
1 - chopped chilli (mild)
1 Sprinkle - Feta cheese

Combine the ingredients in a bowl and let the flavours do their thing. Serve with a pasta or pizza dish, or in place of your usual salad.

I have to admit that I was seriously sceptical about this dish at first, but I was willing to give it a go and I was pleasantly surprised. Sweet, salty, hot, refreshing. The watermelon adding a similar note as a cucumber would I guess, only sweeter.

Great for a summer party


Next time I'm going to request a few anchovies in the mix and see if works.

Let us know how you feel about watermelon in your salad. Have you already tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. Feel free to post any useful comments below: